bits & bobs :: a new school year begins
- not a whole lot of news this time.... we've been taking it slow around here: books and stitching, long walks and netflix shows, a few trips to the pool, and shopping for school supplies.
- jennifer wrote a beautiful post on mindfully stitching marigolds, and she chose my merry gold pattern as one. i love her description of stitching as meditation and remembrance. check it out here.
- my kids start school this week! while we didn't end up doing half of the things i thought we would these past few months, when i think of all that we DID do, i remember that it really was a good summer break. i thrive on routines and so i am really looking forward to getting back into my groove, having the house to myself, and diving back into my work this season.
- also? i've got a high schooler now! time is flying.
- if you follow me on instagram, you know that last weekend my husband had a terrible fall and has been dealing with some very painful injuries. it's been a very stressful time for us, but he's on the mend. it will be several weeks (maybe more?) until he's completely healed up, but he's improving every day and life is starting to resemble 'normal' again. so many of you sent well wishes and prayers, and we are so grateful. thank you!!